When the enemies of the Church are strong, vicious and tyrannical, and want to shred all existence of God's law, Isa 49:24 -26 is a great encouragement for those who contend for the truth.
"Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob."
There are many occasions in scripture where God steps in to deliver His people from their enemies, oppressors and captives by causing the enemies to implode in a mania of self-destruction so that God can be glorified.
The enemies of the Church have taken and occupied almost all of the 'land' of culture and society in so many nations with the modern day idolatry of: worshiping and delighting in sin, disobedience to God's law and the 'chanting' of the mantra that there is no God or His law and we will do what we like - banish His name from the earth! The symptoms of this open rejection of God are so familiar now that they are almost 'normal':
- Abortion (aka murder) on demand
- Demands by the political elite for same sex marriage
- Serial fornication and adultery
- Rampant promotion and increased practice or experimentation of homosexuality
- 'Gifting' of HIV and other STI's is declared to be a badge of honour
- Normalising of pornography across all media
- Abolishment of capital punishment for murder
- Taking the Lord's name in vain like a punctuation mark
- Sexualisation of Children in the school curriculum by exposing them to pornography in the name of sex education and encouraging and supporting abortion, fornication and homosexuality and paedophilia
- Drunkenness (aka alcohol poisoning), 'recreational' drug taking and wantonness is the definition of a good night out.
- Rioting and violence is justified as the result of social deprivation
- Dishonouring of parents the elderly and authority
- Denying of gender (male and female) and 'normalising' transgender behaviour
- Rewarding evil leaders with greater responsibility and promotion
- Welcoming illegal immigrants and others who hate God, want to execute terrorism, pillage the nation through state benefits and impose their tyrannical violent religious system of oppression on all societies
- Corruption of government at all levels
- Sunday trading and not keeping the Sabbath holy as a day of rest unto the Lord
The majority of the Church and His people who call themselves by His name have to accept the responsibility for acquiescing so much of this by being quiet, politically correct, fearful of personal loss and of man, even enjoing, and being undisciplined in knowing and applying God's word to their life.
Now, true Christians are realising that they have sinned against God with their complacency, unbelief and lack of faith. They are repenting, taking up the fight to drive out the enemy in all its guises from society, regaining their saltiness by upholding God's law and delivering a message of hope and salvation, from the bondage and self-destruction of evil living, for those who respond to the call to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour.
God will defeat our enemies and His name will be glorified as we are obedient, honour and make known before all men that we serve a living God and that there is none else beside Him.