Are you listening, Cameron?
On the one hand it is a terrible indictment on the state of Christendom that 43% of 'Christians' don't seem to care whether the Party they vote for obeys God or not; and on the other this should be a wake-up call to the Political establishment. There are many more Christians than homosexuals, and the majority of us do not like what you are doing one bit. Stand for truth and decency, or lose our votes - simple as that.
The following excerpt is from Christian Concern:
A new poll by ComRes has found that a massive 83% of church-going Christians in the UK are opposed to plans by the Conservative Party to legalise homosexual marriage, and 57% of all respondents are 'less likely to vote' for the party because of this move.
The poll results are likely to be viewed as very concerning by the Conservative Party, as church-going Christians represent several million votes.
The poll, commissioned by Premier Christian Media, found that:
- 83% were opposed to homosexual marriage, with 75% 'strongly opposed';
- 93% were concerned that clergy would have to conduct homosexual marriages against their consciences;
- 85% that the value of marriage would be further undermined;
- 88% that schools would be required to teach the equal validity of same-sex and heterosexual relationships; and
- 78% that it would be harder to argue against 'other novel types of relationship' such as polygamy.
Read the full article at Christian Concern.
© 8th November 2011